Machining surface finishing is an important processing procedure in machining. Machining surface finish can play an important role in protecting and beautifying the workpiece. In machining, there are various forms of machining surface finish. During machining, it is necessary to select the correct type of CNC machining surface finish according to the material and machining requirements of the workpiece. The common types of surface finishs in machining are: electrostatic spraying, baking paint, galvanized, chrome-plated, nickel-plated, titanium-plated, gold-plated, silver-plated, aluminium anode, impregnation, oil spraying, sandblasting, DLC treatment, Teflon treatment, blackening, cold plating, etc. Here we introduce several common types of CNC surface finish and their functions.
Electrostatic spraying metal surface finish utilizes the action of a high-voltage electrostatic field to move the floating paint particles in the opposite direction of the electric field, and adsorb the paint particles on the surface of the workpiece. A thicker coating can be obtained by electrostatic spraying, and the powder coating is solvent-free and pollution-free, which improves labor and hygiene conditions. The use of new processes such as powder electrostatic spraying has high efficiency, has a good performance for automatic assembly line production, and can be recycled. Beginning to be used in protection and electrical insulation, it has now been widely used in automotive technology, electrical insulation, corrosion-resistant valves, chemical pumps, and castings.
There are: Galvanized, chrome-plated, nickel-plated, titanium-plated, silver-plated. These several CNC finishes and coatings methods are to coat a layer of metal film on the surface of the workpiece in order to achieve the desired purpose.
(1) Galvanizing: mainly to make the surface more beautiful and rust-proof.
(2) Chrome plating: It can make metal products more durable. Hard chrome plating is mainly used for machinery at high temperature, such as molds. Decorative chrome plating is mainly to make the surface more bright and beautiful in appearance.
(3) Nickel plating: It is deposited on the metal surface by redox action to improve corrosion resistance and wear resistance, and increase beauty and luster.
(4) Titanium plating: prevent pollution, and will not cause allergic reactions in contact with the human body. Because the titanium compound has a variety of colors, it can increase the aesthetic effect. At the same time, it has the functions of anti-acid, anti-alkali and anti-oxidation.
(5) Silver powder coat: There are two main functions, one is decorative and the other is functional. Decorative is used for oxidation resistance experiments. Functionality is mainly used in the electronics industry, such as electrodes, wires, electric shocks, and pole pieces.
Anodizing of aluminum is mainly an electrolytic oxidation process. During this process, the surface of aluminum and aluminum alloys is usually transformed into an oxide film, which has maintenance, decorative and some other functional properties. Aluminum anodes are mainly used in two aspects: one is that when aluminum is used outdoors, a protective film is formed on the surface of aluminum after the anode, which can prevent oxidation and corrosion and prolong life. The second is used in electronics, which can make the surface of the hard disk shell and radiator non-conductive to protect the circuit and the human body.
This is a microporous penetration sealing process. The sealing medium is infiltrated by natural infiltration, vacuuming and pressurization to fill the gap. The main function is to achieve the purpose of sealing the gap.
Using compressed air power, a high-speed jet beam is formed to spray the spray material on the surface of the workpiece to be treated at a high speed, so that the appearance of the workpiece surface changes. The effect of this metal surface finish is to effectively improve the fatigue resistance of the workpiece, increase the adhesion between it and the coating, and prolong the durability of the coating film.